Monday, October 15, 2007

If I Could Turn Back Time

I am in one of those reminescing moods today after recently reconnecting with some childhood friends. To my delight, all of the people I was able to contact still remember me after so many years. These reacquantainces make me realize how disconnected I am from those early days. It's as if a good chunk of my life was sliced off and then rammed back in after some time, full of dust and blurriness.

One of these friends told me I helped her break a particularly bad habit, not by my direct persuasion, but by the fact that she wanted to impress me! And yet, I only find out about this two and half decades later. Was I ever oblivious!

This makes me think, "If I could only turn back time, what would I change?"

I had to think about this one for a while - it's been over twenty minutes since I wrote the last sentence. The answer is: not much. I could say to be less oblivious, but that would be out of character of any typical adolescent boy.

One thing I would like to have done better is to take more pictures to help me remember better far, far into the future.

No comments: